Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dividend from Metro and Stock Burst again

Ok, a reader left the below comment this afternoon,
" Anonymous said...
hi mr sl yesterday received a cheque $3000 dividend
from metro and my friend also received $2400 happy .
thanks you very much."
I believe that the reader have 50 lots and his friend
have 40 lots as the dividend is 6cts. I am not sure
at what price did the reader and his friend bought
Metro at, but the transaction figure should be quite
near to 50k and 40k each. I don't know about how
the other blog readers view, but this is quite a confident
purchase to me.

Regarding the dividend received, I will definitely tell
the readers to re-invest the dividend back into the
market after spending maybe 10% on a good meal
and maybe get a football jersey of your favourite team.
Even if the reader were to buy Metro again, he can
buy another 3 lots and his friend another 2 lots.
Don't underestimate this small buy as they will all
add up and eventually you will see your stock portfolio
become richer and richer.

Next, on 18th July, I posted in this blog,
"Ok, I am going to mention one stock that I have been
observing and done a read up. I believe that this stock
is the new QT Vascular as QT had since fallen from the
peak and lost the support of the grace. The stock is the
recent IPO Starburst, which had been bursting up since
its debut. The IPO was well-received and the placement
was also in "strong" hands. If you don't know what
happened, go read up SGX announcement. I don't intend
to feed you today. I believe that the readers will be asking
me whether they can still buy it now and how high can
the stock burst up to? I am not going to stick out my
neck and head this time. I also scare that they will burst.
Haha, joking aside, looking at its price action, as long as
it is above the 50cts mark it got the potential and fuel
to propel up higher. Take note that this is not a contra
recommendation and should be taken with a short-mid
term view."

I don't know whether the readers did notice that I
purposely bold and enlarge the stock Starburst,
as I was quite confident of its potential.
Starburst went to a low of 46cts and did a KRD
and it hit a high of 64cts and closed 2cts down at
62cts today. Let say a reader were to bought the
stock at about 52cts and suffered a short term
decline of 6cts, he will be sitting on a 23% in less
than a week.

During the Consumer Seminar last week, I specifically
told a reader, Desmond that I am bullish on Starburst
and Sinograndness. He was the last to arrive at the
seminar so I have the most time to share with him
my personal stock view. I believe Desmond can vouch
that I did tell him the above-mentioned 2 stocks.
See what happened to this 2 stocks in a flash.

I will continue to highlight some stocks that caught
my eyes and ears and I hope that the readers can
benefit from them. Do take note that the stocks that
I recommend in this blog is my personal view
and must be taken with a mid-term horizon viewpoint.
If you are satisfied with the returns, you can obviously
choose to take profits at one shot and bit by bit along
the way. 

3 comments:

James said...

Do you mean Starburst staying above 60c to continue being bullish? Retracing back to 50c seems too bearish.

Anonymous said...

hi sl you are right i brought 50 lot at .985 and my friend brought 40 lot at 1.015.

Anonymous said...

Hi SL, just wanted to drop by and say great call on Starburst! After your recommendation, I went through their financial statements and felt confident about their fundamentals. A great choice!

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me