Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Monday, January 28, 2013

Value Investing Summit 2013

I attended the Value Investment Summit over the
2 days during the weekend. It was an eye-opener
and I even contracted the flu virus, that is why I
wasn't able to write a Market View this morning.
After a few more hours of sleep and a few tiny
white pills, I am back with energy and vigour. 
I hope I am not being arrogant or naive but I
certainly realised that I know many many things
and my knowledge is quite substantial. On a
humble ground, I have to say that I did learn
a few things from the Summit. If I can speak as
eloquently as some of the speakers and deliver
as fluently and forcefully, then maybe I can also
conduct a course of my own. Sadly, I can't hold
a candle to these masters and I have to continue
to provide timely and helpful Market View to all the
readers. I hope that the readers will benefit from it too.

During the Summit, there are speakers talking about
Value Investing for most of the time, but there are also
a session on Property Investing and somehow on
Chinese Metaphysics, Fengshui and Ba Zi as well.
It is quite an event and the main speaker of the event,
Ken Chee, from the organiser, really strike a chord
with me. Behind his short and plain body frame, packs
a powerful and sincere character. Although he likes
to joke around while presenting with his Value Investing
concept and knowledge, I believe that the audience should
still learn and gain from his speech.

Oh ya, I recalled that I will share with members on what
stocks was mentioned in the summit. Ok, there are 4
stocks that Ken shared on stage but sadly only 2 of them
are local stocks which had surge too much in my opinion.
He mentioned ARA, Super Group, and 2 Malaysia companies,
Hartalega and Malaysian Bulk Carrier. Do your own
homework and do take note that I am with the ideas that
the 2 local stocks have already move up a lot and maybe
even ahead of the fundamental ground right now.

Next, I would like to hear from the members who attended
the Summit. If you attended and have any comments about
the event, please write me an email or Skype me.
I will feedback to the organiser if any.

Ok, I believe that the readers will be asking whether I
will be attending the Value Investment Summit 2014 which
by the way was announced at this year event that will
be on 18-19 January 2014. Well, I don't mind spending
money to attend such event as I still believe that there
will be something that I don't know or worth a mentioning again.
Sometimes, if you can take away an useful concept or
idea that will stay with you for years or benefit you instantly,
then it is well worth what you pay for the ticket already.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, this summit has became a platform for them to sell their $10,000 millionaire membership.
I have attended all 3 years... And last year just sucks. Lots of selling intention, ie, iskandar properties, 10k memberships and their 4k seminar program.
It's like paying few hundred dollars to hear them pitch you. Anyway, if you want to save money, go for their value growth workshop. They share the same case study there, but only 19 bucks. More than 10 times savings of what you pay for vis.

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me