Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Market View 18 October 2011

Finally, European and US stocks fell in overnight
trade and if you simply want to hear a news to
justify the fall, then this is the report, "U.S. and
European stocks fell on Monday and the euro slipped,
after Germany dashed hopes that the euro zone debt
crisis would be resolved at next Sunday's summit of
European leaders." If you choose to believe me, then
I will tell you that this is just a normal retracement from
the recent surge-up and it is just a time to reshuffle the
cards in the market now.

The perfect scenario for the retracement will be a
5-8% fall for the indexes and a 10-15% drop for the
stocks, but sometimes the scripts are just too perfect.
I believe we will still see selling for the next couple
of days as profit-taking will take centre-stage.
During this period, then we can see that who is still
strong while others are bleeding.

I will once again publish the email sent by a reader
in reply to what I posted in the blog yesterday.

"Hi stocklobang
 
Thanks for the replies on your blog, can I ask more questions?
 
1. Can you actually share with me or the other members
about some of your trading strategies? 
2. As regards to how & interpretation of charts, is it convenient
for you to share more details?
 
ANS: I will talk about how I trade in the next 2 days or so. Few months
back, I actually did mention about my trading style or methods but I
guess they are lost in the cyberspace already.
 
3. I bought some STI call warrants when the STI is 2620, although now it is showing quite decent profit, but I was unsure how high our STI index can go. From my chart, I saw resistance at 2910 or 3000 but I am guessing at 2800, there should be some profit taking, thus I would like to know your views about it? 
 
With regards to trading warrants, I can say that is not my
cup of tea as I stick to stock trading as my main focus.
I am a firm believer of using trailing stops to protect the trade,
to preserve the profits gained, and to prevent a winning stock
from going into a loss. I sincerely urge the reader to adopt it as
well as it is simply a beneficial and essential trading practice.
My view is that set a trailing stop with the warrant, and if the price
got hit, then you are stop-out with a profit. The main argument to
the trailing stop practice is that "what if the stock/warrant rebound?"
Very easy, just ask yourself truthfully, what are the success rate
and chances of such thing happening with the trades that you 
have done and completed. I can tell you that most that time the
fall will become worse, and the praying sound will also become
louder and more desperate and morale-draining if the profits
reversed into losses. I rest my case.


Enter any position with a Cut-loss level & Trailing Stop,
and Please practice strict Money(Risk)-management.
If you don't like what you see in the market,
simply don't trade.


If you have Skype, and would like to chat with me about
stocks and all others, you can ring me at my
email address: stocklobang@yahoo.com
I have currently a couple of members skyping with me
everyday,and they are having good trading results.
See their comments here:
http://stocklobang.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

As usual,
Stay Alert but be Aggressive too.
Audentes Fortuna Juvat !!

市场生存座右铭: 风林火山 

别人笑我太疯颠,我笑别人看不穿 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just chanced upon stock lobang's web recently. I wish I had met him earlier. Most of his "tips" are accurate, missing only 1-3 bids range.

Anonymous said...

Stock lobang has a big heart and is willing to share his insights on the market to the reader.

Anonymous said...

I hope Stock Lobang Uncle will update his blog before the market open, like in the past.

-T

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me