Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Friday, January 22, 2010

Market View 22 January 2010

Another triple digit loss from Dow, the worse of the year,
after U.S. President Barack Obama proposed tough restrictions
on banks that would squeeze profits. Dow fell 2% or 213 points,
while S&P 500 dropped 21 points and Nasdaq lost 26 points.
Obama said banks should no longer be allowed to own, sponsor
or invest in hedge funds for proprietary profit.
Proprietary trading -- when a firm uses its own money to make bets on markets
-- has been an engine of earnings for some major banks.
The proposals must receive congressional approval.
(I don't think this proposal will go through, in my own opinion,
and it will take a mid-long term for it to go through to the
congress. Do you think the bank giant will take it and don't have
a plan A to counteract the policy??)
On the corporate side, Goldman delivered a wonderful financial
result but still fell by the news. Google posted a better-than-expected
result in after-hour, so let see what the market has for us tonight.
We have General Electric (GE), McDonald and Kimberly-Clark
announcing result tonight.

It was a pool of red in yesterday's trading, and yes, I do have
to cut losses, and I picked up some "bargains" along the way,
which may go even cheaper today.
Is this new-year rally over?
It maybe over, for a short while. We have a wonderful and rewarding
big rally recently, and it is just doing a normal break, but with all the
"helps" from the China and US fundamental policies. I don't think
that we should be panicking by any means. Th market is simply digesting
what and where we have gone so far and looking for yet another reason
why it should further pursue its uptrend, and rest assure, there will be
another coming.

Stock will definitely open on a weak note, but I will look for stocks
that is on a "bargain sales" and grab some on a low. Today we
will see the debut of Tiger Airways which some may comment that
it is a "bad" day for it to be trading on a "red-letter" day. I will
see how it opens and decide whether it is worth an IPO punt.

If you a see a leaf among the red flower, then take note of it.
It may become red due to the surrounding influence, or it maybe the
superstar of the day, and surprise everyone with a good surge.
I am always on a hunt for such stock, and today's strategy will still
be the same. Look for the stronger stock in my winner stocks list,
that is they are still green amid the weaknesses, and seek to pick up
and grab bargains when they are sold-down hard.
Winner Stocks: Epure, Sinomem, Asia Enviro, CSE, CWT, PEC, Ezion,
Swiber,Broadway, Midas & Sinotel, Golden Agri (added).
Tiger Airways (IPO punt)

Enter any position with a Cut-loss level & Trailing Stop,
and Please practice strict (Risk)Money-management.
If you don't like what you see in the market,
simply don't trade.

If you have Skype, and would like to chat with me about
stocks and all others, you can ring me at my
email address: stocklobang@yahoo.com
I have currently a couple of members skyping with me
everyday,and they are having good trading results.

As usual,
Stay Alert but be Aggressive too.
Audentes Fortuna Juvat !!

市场生存座右铭: 风林火山

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me