Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My View on 2013 Stock Market

In ST today, there are a few quite "interesting" reports.
They are "interesting" because I am interested to
share with the readers and to explore their hidden
meaning and signs behind the reports. First, on the
main page, it was reported that our economy have
slipped into a technical recession after 2 years of
sound growth and it has only grow at a slower-than-
expected 1.2% last year. PM Lee also sounds warning
for 2013 and expect the growth this year to be between
1-3%. It is a case of deja vu for me as when I started
the blog way back in 2008, we are also facing the same
situation, but guess what, we rebounded very strongly
and for those who read my posts that time and did some
shopping, they were rewarded with good profits.

In another report, it was mentioned that STI records best
annual gain since 2009 and it ended the year on a high note
and near to a 16 months high. STI recorded a 19.7% gain
as it added 520.73 points this year. In the Money section,
there is another report stating that the Value of SGX firms
increases by $170 billion and listed down the ranking of
the largest companies on the SGX. Yes, we have our ups
and downs this year, and I did stick out my neck and head
to advise the readers to grab the discounted on-sales
stocks when they are in a selldown or profit-taking mood.
I believe the readers would have benefited greatly if they
did so and willing to take the necessary calculated risks.

So what do my crystal ball say about our stock market
this year? Ok, I have look at the various data and reports
available and also consulted my most trusted technical
charts and come to a conclusion. This is my personal
view and it is not an induction for any specify buy/sell
decision that the readers may or will take.

I am pretty confident that we will have a great 2013
and of course there will be plenty of money-making
in the stock market, baring any unforeseen and
unpredictable black swan event. Frankly, I don't see
any specify threat to the current market momentum
that will derail the world economy and of course our
own market in the process. The US Fiscal Cliff saga is just
a wayang show to me and it will definitely eventually
be resolved, just that which party will gain the most out
the whole show. Europe should continue to recuperate
from its suffered deep wound and will need to change
the dressing every now and then, but it will definitely have
no need to go into the ICU again. China with a new
leadership will move with high intensity again and I
will not rule out the possibility that it will lead and propel
the whole economy on its shoulder. Frankly, that is how
confident about the stock market and economy around
the world, and our own included. You see, for any economy
to be out of the wood and be vibrant, the stock market
need to take the lead, and only when there are enough
money to be made and also people who already made
big bucks, then only the economy will be worth mentioning.
Further more, with all the easy cash liquidity and hot money
lying around, the stock market will be an attractive place
for the so-called crocodiles and vultures to launch any
assault and to pump-up the stocks. The only worry is that
you may know when to board the train but do you know
when to alight with bags of money earned in the journey?

If you are asking whether I am sticking my neck and head
this time for the above view, then maybe I should just
stick out my hair this time. Haha, joking aside.
Although it is going to be a great trading year 2013,
but I do expect it to be a 虎头蛇尾 stock market. The
first half of the year will perform much better than the
other half. And yes, I am willing to stick out my neck
for my personal above-mentioned view. My wife always
say that I am stupid and reckless to stick out to state and
stress a point, but I view it as a confidence call. Anyway
the readers need to understand and realise that although
I have been right whenever I stick out my neck and head,
my luck may run out, so please practice caution and judgement.

Oh ya, for those readers who wish to see my 2012 views,
you can refer to:
http://stocklobang.blogspot.sg/2012/01/my-view-on-2012-stock-market.html

Ok, we come to the specific stocks that will sparkle in 2013.
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know
that I don't really look at a lot of stocks but only to focus on
a handful of winner stocks that I know best. Also, I don't
even look at those micro-pennies and stocks below 40cts.
I have my critics and supporters for the methods and I can
only say that it work for me and may not work for everyone
and anyone else. I have been in the market for long and I can
say that I have seen many "tragedies" being played everyday,
and I suffered the same fate when I started trading back then.
I "evolve" and found trades that suits my temperament and style
and that is how I develop my current trading methods. They
suits me just fine and tight-fitting. Haha..

I am still looking at the following stocks to perform in 2013:
1. Biosensors
2. China Minzhong
3. Ezion
4. Ezra
5. Genting
6. Noble
7. Olam
8. STX OSV
9. YZJ
10. Yanlord
The above stocks should have a minimum of another 20%
upside from the 31th December 2012 closing price.

Other mid-caps stocks I am also looking at include:
1. Cosco
2. CWT
3.NOL
4. Tat Hong

I will update in the blog should I see anything sensitive
to the market and inform and alert the readers accordingly.

With this, I will end this post here and hope that all the
readers will have a wonderfully sparkling profitable
and financially rewarding 2012!

新的一年,新的开始,
一样的目标, 一样办的到!
舞照跳, 马照跑, 股市继续升!

 
  
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks SL.

C from China

JJ said...

Dear SL,
Many tks to you, tks to your great sharing with us!

A Happy, Safe, Fruitful 2013 to you+family <3

JJ

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me