Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Monday, July 19, 2010

Market View 19 July 2010

Just a short recap.
Wall Street closed deep in the red last Friday as
"Dismal consumer sentiment data and anemic revenues
from GE and two big banks slammed U.S. stocks on Friday,
driving down major indexes more than 2 percent.
The slide in the S&P 500 was a decisive break of an 8 percent
rise over the last two weeks as investors lost hope that strong
earnings could overcome doubts about the economic outlook."
Dow plunged 261 points or 2.52 percent, S&P 500 dropped
32 points or 2.88 percent and Nasdaq slid 70 points or 3.1
percent. Is this the beginning of a major fall? We shall see
how the market turn out in the next few days.

Obviously, the market and majority of the stocks are going
to open weak in the red, so is this a great shorting opportunity?
Frankly, I do shorting once in a while, but I don't today
is the day. On the contrary, I will be sitting on my
comfortable chair, watching the horror movie unveiled,
and waiting for green leaf or leaves to pop-up among the
reds in a pool of blood. Realistically, will any stock be
green today? I believe we will see some.

Recently, from what I understand, many retailers are still
on the sideline, and the major movement plays are done
by the BBs and the traders and a handful of daring and
willing retailers. If the stocks open deep in the red, then
I am very interested to grab hold of some goodies but I
doubt I will be seeing a Great Singapore Sales today.
As the day proceed, if there is no further deteriorating
of the US futures, then the market will have a steadier
closing. If not, then we will have a nasty and "beautiful"
closing to the liking of the traders.

Watch from the sideline if you want but when a green
pop-up, be prepare for the unexpected that more greens
may be in the pipeline.

Enter any position with a Cut-loss level & Trailing Stop,
and Please practice strict (Risk)Money-management.
If you don't like what you see in the market,
simply don't trade.

If you have Skype, and would like to chat with me about
stocks and all others, you can ring me at my
email address: stocklobang@yahoo.com
I have currently a couple of members skyping with me
everyday,and they are having good trading results.

As usual,
Stay Alert but be Aggressive too.
Audentes Fortuna Juvat !!

市场生存座右铭: 风林火山

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me