Nicolas Darvas Box Theory Trading Method

Investing Seminar

Timeless You

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Market View 9 July 2009

Ok, not much to tell from the Uncle Sam side,
the indices closed mixed with Dow and Nasdaq
up marginally while S&P 500 was down by 1 point.
But in an after-hour news, Alcoa, the largest US
aluminum producer reported a second-quarter loss
of $454 million, or 47 cents a share, compared with
earning of $546 million, or 66 cents a share, during the
same period last year.

The reporting by Alcoa usually marks the beginning of
corporate result reason in the US, and we should have
more result news from today. Like what I said before
days ago, I want to see surprises, more of the "worse-than-expected",
"better-than-expected", "negative", "positive", "worst",
"collapsed", "tumbled", "slided" being seen in the reporting.

On a local front, yesterday most stocks did closed above
the day low, with IndoAgri doing a superb U-turn after
hitting an intra-low of $1.01, and closed the day strongly,
though still in the red, at $1.10. I will be "tracking" closely at
this stock today. Ezra halted trading after 1/2 day, and announced
financial result yesterday night. It is not that impressive, but still
JPM raised its target price from $0.75 to $1 in a research report.
I will be watching this stock too, it is how the market will
react to the result that matters.

Many stocks, in fact for our local market, are still quite
weak, and the selling is far from over yet, except from a
few strong stocks. Genting staged a late recovery yesterday to
close green, the same too for Ascendas India Trust.
These stocks will be my main focus for today, while still having
an watchful for others that may spur back to life. I think
we may have watched too many a horror movie lately,
but there is no comedy yet. Just stay alert, and be aware
of any wind changing direction.

Trade those still Hot (if available Green) stocks but be cautious
of south wind.
Follow the Flow, but expect the Unexpected.
I will be trading light today on the still-hot stocks.
Concentrate on the GREEN (If Available, but prepared)Hot stocks:
Straits Asia, Midas, Olam, Ezra, Ezion, KS Tech,Cosco,
YZJ, Indo Agri, Noble, NOL, Genting, Ascendas India Trust,
Yanlord & Uniasia, Raffles Edu, Swiber, Swissco.

Enter any position with a Cut-loss level & Trailing Stop,
and Please practice strict (Risk)Money-management.
If you don't like what you see in the market,
simply don't trade.

If you have Skype, and would like to chat with me
about stocks and all others,you can ring me at
my email address: stocklobang@yahoo.com
I have currently a couple of members skyping with me
everyday,and they are having good trading results.

As usual,
Stay Alert but be Aggressive too.
Audentes Fortuna Juvat !!

市场生存座右铭: 风林火山

P.S.: Many readers commented to me that they are
actually investors, and not traders going to short-term
gains from the volatility movement of Hot stocks.
They prefer to invest in stocks and see price appreciation
overtime. Therefore, I am thinking of starting an
Investment Club, which is still a blog, but I will not
be the main person contributing to the article, but
the members will do the job.

You can suggest a stocks, and asked for opinion, or you
have done your personal Fundamental Analysis (FA)
and would like to share with rest the P/E ratio,
Cash Flow Analysis, NAV, NTA...
I will setup a poll, and if you think it is a good suggestion,
give me your views. Thank you.

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not a Certified or Qualified Financial Adviser, the views and recommendation on this blog is purely my own.

Please seek investment/trading advices from your Financial Professionals, Dealers, Remisiers before making any investing/trading decisions.

I will not be responsible and liable for any losses incur from my views and recommendations in my blog.

Take note that I may have current positions or seek to enter or add positions in the stocks that I wrote in my blog.

Chat with me